Using Zoom’s Help Center
Everything you need to know can be found in Zoom’s help center.
We will get you started. Ready?
- Start here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362033-Getting-Started-on-Windows-and-Mac
- Look for PreRequisittes.
3. Click on the link to the Zoom desktop client (this is the software that lets you run Zoom)
It directs you to save the installer file.
4. Click Save and it will automatically open a page to download the Zoominstaller.
5. Click the up arrow (it looks like the top of a pyramid)
6. Save the installer file to your desktop. The file is called Zoominstaller.exe.
When you open the file, it will automatically download to your computer.
You can also download the installer to your Smartphone
If you have an iPhone, select Download in App Store.
If you have an Android phone, select Download in Google Play.
How to Sign in
SSO means Single Sign On. SSO allows you to log in with a single ID and password.
How to Schedule Meetings.
Zoom has an excellent video that explains how to schedule meetings.
You’ll also find specific instructions, for scheduling meetings, for the type of email you use (Outlook, Gmail etc.)
A plugin is a piece of software that acts as an add-on to a web browser and gives the browser additional functionality.
Zoom Plugins can allow your web browser to schedule meetings in your calendar.
Follow the instructions for your computer and browser.
How to Record a Zoom Meeting
Before you start recording:
- make sure you save the file to the appropriate folder on your desktop.
- rename the file with the name of your client: e.g. Mary Finnigan September 20--.
- When your Zoom screen is open, click the gear icon on the home screen to open your settings, where you'll find a "Recording" tab on the left-hand side.
- Zoom should automatically create a documents folder, but you can change this location by clicking the drop-down menu if you wish.
Be sure to save your recordings somewhere you can find them.
- As soon as you and your client have started the Zoom meeting, click the "Record" button at the bottom of the screen.
- When you start recording, you'll see a small "Recording…" label in the upper-left corner.
- If needed, you can use the small pause and stop buttons that have appeared
- If you pause a recording, the label in the upper left hand corner will change to red and read "Recording Paused" until you resume
- Click either "Stop" option to end the recording. Depending on your computer settings, a small pop-up may appear that reads, "The recording file will be converted to mp4 when the meeting ends."
- Your recorded video will be saved to your computer, and can also be found in the "Recorded" tab in the "Meetings" section of the app.
- You can rename these files as you wish.
How to convert the Zoom file to mp3 for free
Online UniConverter is a totally free MP4 to MP3 converter to convert MP4 to MP3 online without any download or account-required.
You can finish the MP4 to MP3 online conversion within 4 simple steps:
- Click + to add your files.
- Select MP3 as the format to convert to.
- Click CONVERT to start converting MP4 to MP3 online.
- Download converted .mp3 file to your computer.
Want more Zoom training?
Zoom has several recorded training sessions. If you think it would be helpful, go here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/217214286-Watch-Recorded-Training-Sessions
How to Start and end a Zoom session
Everything you learned, in this training program, about face to face memoir mentoring and marketing, applies equally to using Zoom.
It’s easy. It’s convenient. And it means you can conduct your business anywhere and everywhere.
The best way to start a Zoom session is to make sure your client is in a quiet place and the sound is clear. You may have to ask him or her to make a few adjustments.
Review what you will do in the meeting and agree how much time you will spend together.
At the end of the meeting review what you have accomplished and if and when you will meet again – or what your next steps will be.